The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1701. Duties
The Panel shall serve in an advisory capacity only and shall not have authority to direct decommissioning of the VYNPS. The duties of the Panel shall be:
(1) To hold a minimum of four public meetings each year for the purpose of discussing issues relating to the decommissioning of the VYNPS. The Panel may hold additional meetings.
(2) To advise the Governor, the General Assembly, the agencies of the State, and the public on issues related to the decommissioning of the VYNPS, with a written report being provided annually to the Governor and to the energy committees of the General Assembly. The provisions of 2 V.S.A. § 20(d) (expiration of reports) shall not apply to this report.
(3) To serve as a conduit for public information and education on and to encourage community involvement in matters related to the decommissioning of the VYNPS and to receive written reports and presentations on the decommissioning of the Station at its regular meetings.
(4) To periodically receive reports on the Decommissioning Trust Fund and other funds associated with decommissioning of or site restoration at the VYNPS, including fund balances, expenditures made, and reimbursements received.
(5) To receive reports regarding the decommissioning plans for the VYNPS, including any site assessments and post-shutdown decommissioning assessment reports; provide a forum for receiving public comment on these plans and reports; and to provide comment on these plans and reports as the Panel may consider appropriate to State agencies and the owner of the VYNPS and in the annual report described in subdivision (2) of this subsection. (Added 1997, No. 147 (Adj. Sess.), § 271, eff. April 29, 1998; amended 2009, No. 135 (Adj. Sess.), § 8; 2013, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § E.233, eff. June 9, 2014.)