The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
§ 1661. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Class B firefighting foam” means chemical foams designed for flammable liquid fires.
(2) “Intentionally added” means the addition of a chemical in a product that serves an intended function in the product component.
(3) “Manufacturer” means any person, firm, association, partnership, corporation, organization, joint venture, importer, or domestic distributor of firefighting agents or equipment. As used in this subsection, “importer” means the owner of the product.
(4) “Municipality” means any city, town, incorporated village, town fire district, or other political subdivision that provides firefighting services pursuant to general law or municipal charter.
(5) “Perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances” or “PFAS” means a class of fluorinated organic chemicals containing at least one fully fluorinated carbon atom.
(6) “Personal protective equipment” means clothing designed, intended, or marketed to be worn by firefighting personnel in the performance of their duties, designed with the intent for use in fire and rescue activities, and includes jackets, pants, shoes, gloves, helmets, and respiratory equipment.
(7) “Terminal” means an establishment primarily engaged in the wholesale distribution of crude petroleum and petroleum products, including liquefied petroleum gas from bulk liquid storage facilities. (Added 2021, No. 36, § 1, eff. July 1, 2022.)