The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 004 : Immunization(Cite as: 18 V.S.A. § 1131)
§ 1131. Vermont Immunization Advisory Council
(a) Creation. There is created the Vermont Immunization Advisory Council for the purpose of providing education policy, medical, and epidemiological expertise and advice to the Department with regard to the safety of immunizations and immunization schedules.
(b) Membership. The Council shall be composed of the following members:
(1) a representative of the Vermont Board of Medical Practice, appointed by the Governor;
(2) the Secretaries of Human Services and of Education or their designees;
(3) the State epidemiologist;
(4) a practicing pediatrician, appointed by the Governor;
(5) a representative of both public and independent schools, appointed by the Governor; and
(6) any other persons deemed necessary by the Commissioner.
(c) Powers and duties. The Council shall:
(1) review and make recommendations regarding the State’s immunization schedule for attendance in schools and child care facilities; and
(2) provide any other advice and expertise requested by the Commissioner.
(d) Assistance. The Council shall have the administrative, technical, and legal assistance of the Department.
(1) The Council shall convene at the call of the Commissioner, but no less than once each year.
(2) The Council shall select a chair from among its members at the first meeting.
(3) A majority of the membership shall constitute a quorum. (Added 2015, No. 37, § 9.)