The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 2755. Article V-Definitions
For purposes of this agreement:
(1) "Chief election official" shall mean the state official or body that is authorized to certify the total number of popular votes for each presidential slate.
(2) "Chief executive" shall mean the governor of a state of the United States or the mayor of the District of Columbia.
(3) "Elector slate" shall mean a slate of candidates who have been nominated in a state for the position of presidential elector in association with a presidential slate.
(4) "Presidential elector" shall mean an elector for President and Vice President of the United States.
(5) "Presidential elector certifying official" shall mean the state official or body that is authorized to certify the appointment of the state's presidential electors.
(6) "Presidential slate" shall mean a slate of two persons, the first of whom has been nominated as a candidate for President of the United States and the second of whom has been nominated as a candidate for Vice President of the United States, or any legal successors to such persons, regardless of whether both names appear on the ballot presented to the voter in a particular state.
(7) "State" shall mean a state of the United States and the District of Columbia; and
(8) "Statewide popular election" shall mean a general election in which votes are cast for presidential slates by individual voters and counted on a statewide basis. (Added 2011, No. 10, § 1.)