The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : TRANSITION OF EMPLOYEES(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 1801)
§ 1801. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "New District" means a district created by the realignment or merger of two or more current districts into a new supervisory district, union school district, or any other form of merged or realigned district authorized by law, including by chapter 11, subchapter 1, of this title, regardless of whether one or more of the districts creating the New District (a Realigning District) is a town school district, a city school district, an incorporated school district, a union school district, a unified union school district, or a supervisory district.
(2) "New SU" means a supervisory union created from the merger or realignment of two or more current supervisory unions or of all or some of the districts in one or more current supervisory unions (a Realigning SU). "New SU" also means a supervisory union created by the State Board's adjustment of the borders of one or more current supervisory unions or parts of supervisory unions pursuant to section 261 of this title or otherwise, regardless of whether the New SU is known by the name of one of the current supervisory unions or the adjustment is otherwise structured or considered to be one in which one current supervisory union (the Absorbing SU) is absorbing one or more other supervisory unions or parts of supervisory unions into the Absorbing SU.
(3) "Employees of a Realigning Entity" means the licensed and nonlicensed employees of a Realigning District or Realigning SU, or both, that create the New District or New SU, and includes employees of an Absorbing SU and employees of a Realigning SU whose functions will be performed by employees of a New District that is a supervisory district.
(4) "System" shall mean the Vermont Municipal Employees' Retirement System created pursuant to 24 V.S.A. chapter 125.
(5) "Transitional Board" means the board created prior to the first day of a New District's or a New SU's existence in order to transition to the new structure by negotiating and entering into contracts, preparing an initial proposed budget, adopting policies, and otherwise planning for implementation of the New District or New SU, and includes the board of an Absorbing District to which members from the other Realigning SU or SUs have been added in order to perform transitional responsibilities. (Added 2015, No. 46, § 43, eff. June 2, 2015.)