The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1604. State Board responsibilities
The State Board of Education shall:
(1) Establish standards of operation for a student apprenticeship program. Standards shall ensure that a program prepares students to meet labor market standards and needs, and that a student shall receive relevant and quality work experience.
(2) Establish standards for entrance into a student apprenticeship program.
(3) Establish a process for termination of a student from a student apprenticeship program.
(4) In collaboration with related business or trade organizations, establish academic and occupation-specific industry competency standards for each occupation-specific student apprenticeship program offered in the State. The standards shall be those to be met in order to earn an industry competency certificate.
(5) Establish guidelines for preparation of worksite mentors.
(6) Certify those who graduate from a student apprenticeship program as meeting industry competency standards for entrance into the trade or profession the student has studied. The State Board shall maintain a record of certificates issued under this subdivision. (Added 1993, No. 155 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. May 17, 1994.)