The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : STATE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 1565)
§ 1565. Salary assistance
(a) The State Board shall reimburse a school district operating a career technical center for a portion of its cost in paying the salary of the following persons:
(1) the director of career technical education;
(2) a person whose principal duty is to provide guidance services for career technical students;
(3) a person whose principal duty is to find job training opportunities for students during the time they are enrolled at the career technical center;
(4) an assistant director for adult education;
(5) an assistant director of career technical education, if the career technical center has full-time equivalent enrollment of at least 150 and the sending school population is at least 30 percent of the career technical center's total full-time equivalent enrollment.
(b) Assistance under this section shall be determined by a formula and standards established by rule of the State Board. The formula and those standards:
(1) Shall provide different levels of support for different positions as follows:
(A) Directors and guidance coordinators' salary assistance shall be 50 percent of the State average salary and benefits for each position, or 50 percent of the actual salary and benefits for each individual, whichever is less.
(B) Assistant directors, except for assistant directors for adult education, if the district is eligible, and co-op teachers' salary assistance shall be 35 percent of the State average salary and benefits for each position, or 35 percent of the actual salary and benefits for each individual, whichever is less.
(C) Salary assistance for assistant directors for adult education shall be up to 50 percent of the State average salary and benefits paid to full-time assistant directors for adult education; salary assistance shall be prorated for part-time assistant directors. Salary assistance under this subdivision (1)(C) shall not be paid from the Education Fund to the extent that the obligation is not fully funded from the General Fund. State General Fund assistance shall be divided so that each district employing an assistant director receives the same base amount of State salary support. The base support shall be pro-rated for part-time assistant directors. Payment under this subsection does not preclude a district from using other State and federal grants to supplement the actual salaries and benefits of assistant directors for adult education.
(2) Shall require as a condition of assistance that the director:
(A) Is responsible for the overall administration of all career technical programs.
(B) Reports administratively to the superintendent of schools for the supervisory union of the school district that operates the center, or to a headmaster if the career technical center is not managed by a school board. (Added 1983, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1987, No. 238 (Adj. Sess.), § 12; 1991, No. 204 (Adj. Sess.), § 7; 2007, No. 46, § 5a, eff. May 23, 2007; 2007, No. 66, § 8; 2007, No. 192 (Adj. Sess.), § 6.004.1; 2013, No. 92 (Adj. Sess.), § 302, eff. Feb. 14, 2014.)