The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 005 : Harassment, Hazing, and Bullying(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 570c)
§ 570c. Bullying
The bullying prevention policy required by section 570 of this title and its plan for implementation shall include:
(1) a statement that bullying, as defined in subdivision 11(a)(32) of this title, is prohibited;
(2) a procedure that directs students, staff, parents, and guardians how to report violations and file complaints;
(3) a procedure for investigating reports of violations and complaints;
(4) a description of the circumstances under which bullying may be reported to a law enforcement agency;
(5) consequences and appropriate remedial action for students who commit bullying;
(6) a description of how the school board will ensure that teachers and other staff members receive training in preventing, recognizing, and responding to bullying; and
(7) annual designation of two or more people at each school campus to receive complaints and a procedure both for publicizing the availability of those people and clarifying that their designation does not preclude a student from bringing a complaint to any adult in the building. (Added 2011, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 12, eff. May 11, 2012.)