The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 004 : Access to Criminal Records(Cite as: 16 V.S.A. § 252)
§ 252. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Criminal record" means the record of:
(A) convictions in Vermont, including whether any of the convictions is an offense listed in 13 V.S.A. § 5401(10) (sex offender definition for registration purposes); and
(B) convictions in other jurisdictions recorded in other state repositories or by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
(2) "School board" means the board of school directors of a school district or its equivalent in any independent school.
(3) "School district" means, unless the context otherwise clearly requires, a school district or a supervisory union.
(4) "Unsupervised" means not in the presence of a responsible adult in the employ of or under the direction of the independent school or school district.
(5) "User agreement" means an agreement between the Vermont Crime Information Center and a party requesting and receiving criminal record information that requires the party to comply with all federal and State laws, rules, regulations, and policies regulating the release of criminal record information and the protection of individual privacy. (Added 1997, No. 163 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 2005, No. 54, § 17; 2009, No. 1, § 6b; 2009, No. 108 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)