The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 1701. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Application" means a request under the Convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
(2) "Central authority" means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(3) "Convention support order" means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country.
(4) "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this State in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States.
(5) "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by a foreign country to perform the functions specified in the Convention.
(6) "Foreign support agreement":
(A) means an agreement for support in a record that:
(i) is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin;
(ii) has been formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal or authenticated by, or concluded, registered, or filed with a foreign tribunal; and
(iii) may be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal; and
(B) includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the Convention.
(7) "U.S. central authority" means the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (Added 2015, No. 16, § 2, eff. June 1, 2015.)