Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2021-2022 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 15 : Domestic Relations

Chapter 013 : CHANGE OF NAME

(Cite as: 15 V.S.A. § 812)
  • § 812. Minor

    A minor may change his or her name by some person who, under 14 V.S.A. chapter 111, may act for him or her, making, signing, sealing, and acknowledging before the judge of the Probate Division of the Superior Court of the district in which such minor resides, an instrument in substantially the form provided in section 811 of this title. Such instrument shall be signed by the person so acting for such minor. However, the name of the minor, if over 14 years of age, shall not be changed without his or her consent given in court. (Amended 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), § 238a, eff. Feb. 1, 2011.)