The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 007 : Child Support Enforcement(Cite as: 15 V.S.A. § 785)
§ 785. Wage withholding orders
(a) A wage withholding order shall set forth:
(1) the annualized amount of child support;
(2) frequency of the child support payment;
(3) judgment for support arrearages, if any;
(4) provisions for periodic repayment of arrearages;
(5) appropriate reduction and termination dates.
(b) A wage withholding order shall require an employer to withhold a periodic amount of child support up to the maximum amount permitted under section 303(b) of the Consumer Credit Protection Act (15 U.S.C. § 1673(b)). All wage withholdings shall be made payable to the Registry.
(c) The court shall file a wage withholding order with the Registry. Within seven business days of receipt of the order, the Registry shall provide the obligor's employer with notice of withholding by first class mail and send a copy of the notice and the order to the obligor and the obligee. (Added 1983, No. 222 (Adj. Sess.); amended 1985, No. 63, § 9; 1987, No. 54, § 3, eff. May 15, 1987; 1989, No. 220 (Adj. Sess.), § 5; 2017, No. 11, § 44.)