The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 013 : Public Guardian(Cite as: 14 V.S.A. § 3096)
§ 3096. Office of Public Guardian to offer assistance
(a) The Office of Public Guardian may provide assistance to private guardians:
(1) To help them understand the disabilities of the person under guardianship.
(2) To help them foster increased independence on the part of the person under guardianship.
(3) With the preparation and revision of guardianship plans and reports.
(4) On ways to secure rights, benefits, and services to which the persons under guardianship are entitled.
(b) The Office shall:
(1) Develop public education programs on guardianship and alternatives to guardianship.
(2) Encourage individuals in the private sector to serve as guardians.
(3) Prepare and make available, at no charge, a booklet which describes the duties of a guardian. (Added 1987, No. 239 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1989, No. 151 (Adj. Sess.), § 6; 2013, No. 96 (Adj. Sess.), § 65.)