Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2021-2022 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 14 : Decedents Estates and Fiduciary Relations

Chapter 111 : GUARDIANSHIP

Subchapter 007 : Settlement of Accounts

(Cite as: 14 V.S.A. § 2922)
  • § 2922. By guardian of nonresident ward

    When a minor or other person has a guardian in this State, but resides in another state or country, and it is shown to the court that such minor or other person has a guardian in the state or country where he or she resides, and that such guardian, by bond or otherwise, has given satisfactory security for the faithful performance of his or her trust, the court may order the first named guardian to settle his or her account and pay over the estate of his or her ward to the nonresident guardian, if it appears to the court that such transfer will be for the interests of the ward.