Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2023-2024 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.

NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.

Title 14 : Decedents Estates and Fiduciary Relations

Chapter 111 : GUARDIANSHIP

Subchapter 003 : BONDS

(Cite as: 14 V.S.A. § 2754)
  • § 2754. New bond

    A ward, the heir apparent of a ward, or a person interested in the welfare of a ward, as defined in section 3061 of this title, may file a motion with the Probate Division of the Superior Court to require the guardian to give a new and sufficient bond. If it appears to the court that the bond is insufficient, the court may order the guardian to give a new and sufficient bond. When it appears on the motion of a surety in a guardian’s bond that the surety is liable to be injured thereby, the court may discharge the surety from future responsibility and order the guardian to give a new bond. After being notified of the order, if the guardian does not give a new bond, the court may remove the guardian and appoint some other person. (Amended 1985, No. 144 (Adj. Sess.), § 131; 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), § 238a, eff. Feb. 1, 2011.)