The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : PERSONS FOR WHOM GUARDIANS APPOINTED(Cite as: 14 V.S.A. § 2662)
§ 2662. Permanent guardian; rights and obligations
(a) A permanent guardian shall have parental rights and responsibilities for the child that include:
(1) Providing the child with:
(A) A healthy and safe living environment and daily care.
(C) Necessary and appropriate health care, including medical, dental and mental health care.
(2) Making decisions regarding:
(B) Management of the child's income and assets.
(C) The child's right to marry or enlist in the armed forces.
(D) Representation of the child in legal actions.
(E) Any other matter that involves the child's welfare and upbringing.
(b) The permanent guardian shall:
(1) Before appointment, expressly commit to remain the permanent guardian and assume the parental rights and responsibilities for the child for the duration of the child's minority;
(2) Be responsible to the court and the child for the health, education and welfare of the minor.
(3) Comply with all terms of any court order to provide the child's parent with visitation, contact or information. (Added 1999, No. 162 (Adj. Sess.), § 2.)