The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
Subchapter 003 : OTHER OFFENSES(Cite as: 13 V.S.A. § 3482)
§ 3482. Furnishing information to enemy
(a) A person shall not furnish, nor attempt to furnish, to a government at war with or threatening war on the United States, or to a citizen of such government or to a person whom he or she has reason to believe will furnish or attempt to furnish to such government or citizen, information relative to:
(1) the location, construction, or condition of a military camp, fort, armory, arsenal, or building in which munitions of war are being manufactured or are stored;
(2) the proposed location of such camp, fort, armory, arsenal, or building;
(3) the location or condition or proposed location of a bridge, road, car, boat, canal, dockyard, telephone or telegraph line or equipment, wireless station or equipment, railway or railway equipment, property of a corporation subject to the supervision of the Public Utility Commission;
(4) the topography of the State or a part thereof;
(5) the number, character, condition, or location of the National Guard or the land or naval forces of the United States in this State.
(b) A person who violates a subdivision of subsection (a) of this section shall be imprisoned not more than 10 years. (Amended 1959, No. 329 (Adj. Sess.), § 39; 1971, No. 199 (Adj. Sess.), § 15.)