The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : CRIMES; TRIAL(Cite as: 13 V.S.A. § 3251)
§ 3251. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) A "sexual act" means conduct between persons consisting of contact between the penis and the vulva, the penis and the anus, the mouth and the penis, the mouth and the vulva, or any intrusion, however slight, by any part of a person's body or any object into the genital or anal opening of another.
(2) "Sexual conduct" means any conduct or behavior relating to sexual activities of the complaining witness, including but not limited to prior experience of sexual acts, use of contraceptives, living arrangement, and mode of living.
(3) "Consent" means words or actions by a person indicating a voluntary agreement to engage in a sexual act.
(4) "Serious bodily injury" shall have the same meaning as in subdivision 1021(2) of this title.
(5) "Bodily injury" means physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition.
(6) "Actor" means a person charged with sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault.
(7) "Deadly force" means physical force which a person uses with the intent of causing, or which the person knows or should have known would create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily injury.
(8) "Deadly weapon" means:
(A) any firearm; or
(B) any weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, whether animate or inanimate, which in the manner it is used or is intended to be used, is known to be capable of producing death or serious bodily injury.
(9) "Law enforcement officer" means a person certified as a law enforcement officer under the provisions of 20 V.S.A. chapter 151. (Added 1977, No. 51, § 1; amended 1985, No. 83, § 1; 1989, No. 293 (Adj. Sess.), § 4; 2005, No. 192 (Adj. Sess.), § 10; 2019, No. 8, § 1, eff. April 23, 2019.)