The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 002 : ARBITRATION PROCEDURES(Cite as: 12 V.S.A. § 5664)
§ 5664. Modification of award by arbitrators
(a) An award may be modified by the arbitrators:
(1) on application of a party; or
(2) following submission to the arbitrators from a court, and under such conditions as the court may order.
(b) Modification may be made for the purpose of clarifying the award or upon the following grounds:
(1) there was an evident miscalculation of figures or an evident mistake in the description of any person, thing, or property referred to in the award; or
(2) the arbitrators have awarded upon a matter not submitted to them and the award may be corrected without affecting the merits of the decision upon the issues submitted; or
(3) the award is imperfect in a matter of form, not affecting the merits of the controversy.
(c) An application by a party for modification shall be made within 30 days after delivery of the award to the applicant. Written notice thereof shall be given forthwith to the opposing party, stating he or she must serve his or her objections thereto, if any, within 10 days from the notice. The award so modified or corrected is subject to being subsequently confirmed, modified, or vacated by a court. (Added 1985, No. 95, § 2.)