Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2021-2022 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online


Title 12 : Court Procedure


(Cite as: 12 V.S.A. § 5538)
  • § 5538. Appeals

    Any party may appeal from a small claims judgment to Superior Court. The Administrative Judge shall assign the appeal to a Superior judge who shall not have participated in any way in the decision being appealed. The appeal shall be heard and decided, based on the record made in the small claims procedure. No appeal as of right exists to the Supreme Court. On motion made to the Supreme Court by a party to the action, the Supreme Court may allow an appeal from the Superior Court. (Added 1983, No. 208 (Adj. Sess.), § 4; amended 1995, No. 181 (Adj. Sess.), § 4, eff. Sept. 1, 1996; 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), § 84.)