The Vermont Statutes Online
The statutes were updated in November, 2018, and contain all actions of the
2018 legislative session.
§ 201. Signing of records delivered for filing to Secretary of State
(a) A record delivered to the Secretary of State for filing pursuant to this title shall be signed as follows:
(1) The initial articles of organization shall be signed by at least one organizer.
(2) A statement of cancellation under subsection 302(d) of this title shall be signed by at least one organizer.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (4) of this subsection, a record signed on behalf of an existing mutual benefit enterprise shall be signed by an officer.
(4) A record filed on behalf of a dissolved enterprise shall be signed by a person winding up activities under section 1206 of this title or a person appointed under section 1206 to wind up those activities.
(5) Any other record shall be signed by the person on whose behalf the record is delivered to the Secretary of State.
(b) Any record to be signed under this title may be signed by an authorized agent. (Added 2011, No. 84 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. April 20, 2012.)