Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 11B : Nonprofit Corporations



(Cite as: 11B V.S.A. § 15.03)
  • § 15.03. Application for certificate of authority

    (a) A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this State by delivering an application to the Secretary of State. The application must set forth:

    (1) the name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this State, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of section 15.06 of this title;

    (2) the name of the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;

    (3) the date of incorporation and period of duration;

    (4) the street address of its principal office;

    (5) the address of its registered office in this State and the name of its registered agent at that office;

    (6) the names and usual business or home addresses of its current directors and officers;

    (7) whether the foreign corporation has members; and

    (8) whether the corporation, if it had been incorporated in this State, would be a public benefit or mutual benefit corporation.

    (b) The foreign corporation shall deliver with the completed application a certificate of existence (or a document of similar import) duly authenticated by the Secretary of State or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law it is incorporated. (Added 1995, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1997.)