The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
§ 5.02. Change of registered office or registered agent
(a) A corporation may change its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement of change that sets forth:
(1) the name of the corporation;
(2) the street address of its current registered office;
(3) if the current registered office is to be changed, the street address of the new registered office;
(4) the name of its current registered agent;
(5) if the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the new registered agent and the new agent’s written consent (either on the statement or attached to it) to the appointment; and
(6) that after the change or changes are made, the street addresses of its registered office and the office of its registered agent will be identical.
(b) If the street address of a registered agent’s office is changed, the registered agent may change the street address of the registered office of any corporation for which the registered agent is the registered agent by notifying the corporation in writing of the change and by signing (either manually or in facsimile) and delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement that complies with the requirements of subsection (a) of this section and recites that the corporation has been notified of the change. (Added 1995, No. 179 (Adj. Sess.), § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1997.)