The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 001 : ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION(Cite as: 11A V.S.A. § 10.06)
§ 10.06. Articles of amendment
A corporation amending its articles of incorporation shall deliver to the Secretary of State for filing articles of amendment setting forth:
(1) the name of the corporation;
(2) the text of each amendment adopted;
(3) if an amendment provides for an exchange, reclassification, or cancellation of issued shares, provisions for implementing the amendment if not contained in the amendment itself;
(4) the date of each amendment’s adoption;
(5) if an amendment was adopted by the incorporators or board of directors without shareholder action, a statement to that effect and that shareholder action was not required;
(6) if an amendment was approved by the shareholders:
(A) the designation, number of outstanding shares, number of votes entitled to be cast by each voting group entitled to vote separately on the amendment, and number of votes of each voting group indisputably represented at the meeting;
(B) either the total number of votes cast for and against the amendment by each voting group entitled to vote separately on the amendment or the total number of undisputed votes cast for the amendment by each voting group and a statement that the number cast for the amendment by each voting group was sufficient for approval by that voting group. (Added 1993, No. 85, § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 1994.)