The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 002 : ORGANIZATION(Cite as: 11 V.S.A. § 4023)
§ 4023. Articles of organization
(a) Articles of organization of a limited liability company shall set forth:
(1) the name of the company;
(2) the address of the initial designated office;
(3) the name and street address of the initial agent for service of process;
(4) the name and address of each organizer;
(5) if the company has no members at the time of filing, a statement to that effect; and
(6) whether the company is an L3C.
(b) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may set forth:
(1) provisions permitted to be set forth in an operating agreement; and
(2) other matters not inconsistent with law.
(c) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may not vary the nonwaivable provisions of subsection 4003(b) of this title. As to all other matters, if any provision of an operating agreement is inconsistent with the articles of organization:
(1) the operating agreement controls as to managers, members, and members’ transferees; and
(2) the articles of organization control as to persons other than managers, members, and their transferees who relied on the articles to their detriment. (Added 2015, No. 17, § 2.)