The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 002 : Permits and Rules(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 6254)
§ 6254. Registration of mobile home parks; report
(a) No later than September 1 each year, each park owner shall register with the Department on a form provided by the Department. The form shall include the following information:
(1) the name and address of the owner or owners of the mobile home park;
(2) the name and address of any corporation and principals of the corporation with an interest in the mobile home park;
(3) the name and address of any park manager;
(4) the name and address and location of the mobile home park;
(5) the duration of ownership of the park by the present owner;
(6) the date the mobile home park was established;
(7) the number of lots, including the number of vacant and occupied lots, in the park;
(8) the lot rent to be charged for each lot as scheduled for October 1 of that year, and the effective date of that lot rent charge;
(9) the services provided to the mobile home park leaseholders for payment of lot rent;
(10) additional charges for services paid by leaseholders in addition to lot rent;
(11) whether the mobile home park has a requirement that a mobile home must be purchased from a dealer designated by the mobile home park owner in order to be located in the park;
(12) the number of mobile homes moved into and out of the park during the previous year ending July 1; and
(13) any other relevant information requested on the form or by the Department.
(b) The Department shall:
(1) verify the information provided pursuant to subsection (a) of this section on a random basis;
(2) maintain a data base of the information provided; and
(3) report the resulting statistics and findings to the House Committee on General and Housing and the Senate Committee on Economic Development, Housing and General Affairs no later than February 1, 1996 and every three years thereafter on February 1.
(c) The Department may charge a mobile home park owner an annual fee of no more than $12.00 for each occupied leased lot in the park on September 1 of each year. The park owner may charge this fee to the affected mobile home park leaseholders. The fee shall be submitted to the Department with the registration form required in subsection (a) of this section. If a mobile home park owner charges the fee under this subsection, the fee shall not be deemed to be a lot rent increase and shall not be included in any calculation of a lot rent increase pursuant to section 6251 of this title. A mobile home park owner shall not be charged the fee under this subsection for any mobile home park in which all the mobile homes are owned by the mobile home park owner. The Commissioner may enforce filing of the registration form and payment of the fee under subsection 6205(a) of this title. A special fund shall be created for these fees to be used by the Department for its expenses in administering the laws regarding mobile home parks and to pay any fees required in the mediation process pursuant to section 6252 of this title and for legal representation for leaseholders pursuant to section 6253 of this title. This special fund shall be managed in accordance with 32 V.S.A. chapter 7, subchapter 5. (Added 1995, No. 33, § 2, eff. June 1, 1995; amended 1995, No. 178 (Adj. Sess.), § 391, eff. May 22, 1996; 1997, No. 103 (Adj. Sess.), § 6, eff. April 23, 1998; 2007, No. 176 (Adj. Sess.), § 71; 2011, No. 137 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. May 14, 2012; 2013, No. 191 (Adj. Sess.), § 5.)