The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 6205)
§ 6205. Enforcement; penalties
(a) A mobile home park owner who violates or fails to comply with a provision of this chapter violates 9 V.S.A. § 2453.
(b) If a mobile home park owner violates this chapter, the Department shall have the authority:
(1) to impose an administrative penalty of up to $5,000.00 per violation;
(2) to bring a civil action for damages or injunctive relief, or both, in the Superior Court for the unit in which a violation occurred; and
(3) to refer a violation to the Attorney General or State’s Attorney for enforcement pursuant to subsection (a) of this section.
(c)(1) A leaseholder may bring an action against the park owner for a violation of sections 6236-6243 of this title.
(2) The action shall be filed in the Superior Court for the unit in which the alleged violation occurred.
(3) No action may be commenced by the leaseholder unless the leaseholder has first notified the park owner of the violation by certified mail at least 30 days prior to bringing the action.
(4) During the pendency of an action brought by a leaseholder, the leaseholder shall pay rent in an amount designated in the lease, or as provided by law, which rental amount shall be deposited in an escrow account as directed by the court. (Added 1969, No. 291 (Adj. Sess.), § 12, eff. date, see note under § 6201 of this title; amended 1973, No. 193 (Adj. Sess.), § 3, eff. April 9, 1974; 1983, No. 235 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; 1989, No. 229 (Adj. Sess.), § 5; 2001, No. 133 (Adj. Sess.), § 4, eff. June 13, 2002; 2007, No. 176 (Adj. Sess.), § 55; 2009, No. 154 (Adj. Sess.), § 62; 2015, No. 8, § 1.)