Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2017-2018 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

Title 10 : Conservation and Development

Chapter 113 : GAME


(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 4711)
  • § 4711. Crossbow hunting; permit

    A person who is impaired to the degree that he or she cannot operate a standard bow may obtain a permit to take game with a crossbow. The permit fees shall be $25.00 for a permanent permit and $5.00 for a temporary permit. A person who has lost a crossbow permit may request a new permit from the agent of original issue. The fee shall be $5.00. All fees shall be deposited in the Fish and Wildlife Fund. A person applying for this permit must personally appear before the Commissioner of Fish and Wildlife, or his or her designee, with certification from a licensed physician that he or she is so disabled. The Commissioner may obtain a second medical opinion to verify the disability. Upon satisfactory proof of the disability, the Commissioner may issue a permit under this section. The permit shall set forth whether it was issued because of an inability to use a standard bow, and be attached to the license. The holder of the permit shall carry it at all times while hunting, and produce it on demand for inspection by any game warden or other law enforcement officer authorized to make arrests. Unless it is uncocked, a person shall not possess or transport a crossbow in or on a motor vehicle, motorboat, airplane, snowmobile, or other motor-propelled craft or any vehicle drawn by a motor-propelled vehicle except as permitted under subsection 4705(e) of this title. (Added 1987, No. 159 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1997, No. 155 (Adj. Sess.), § 46, eff. Jan. 1, 1999; 1999, No. 30, § 4, eff. Jan. 1, 2000; 2007, No. 76, § 29, eff. Jan. 1, 2008.)