The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 003 : Uniform Fish and Wildlife Information(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 4553)
§ 4553. Information and summons; form
(a) In all fish and wildlife violations the information and summons may be in the form known as the “Uniform Fish and Wildlife Information.” The Court Administrator shall prepare the form for the uniform fish and wildlife information. The Court Administrator shall be responsible for printing and issuing all uniform fish and wildlife informations to game wardens and other law enforcement officers and he may require them to keep records and make reports concerning the disposition of each uniform fish and wildlife information issued. A game warden or law enforcement officer may void a uniform fish and wildlife information by so marking the information and returning it to the Court Administrator. A prosecuting attorney may dismiss a uniform fish and wildlife game information.
(b) The uniform fish and wildlife information shall consist of five sheets:
(1) the information and warrant, which shall include spaces for the signatures of the game warden or law enforcement officer, the prosecuting attorney, and judge or clerk;
(2) the abstract of the court record, which shall be forwarded to the Commissioner after conviction;
(3) the police record, which shall be a copy of the information;
(4) the prosecutor’s record, which shall be a copy of the information;
(5) the summons, which shall include a copy of the information, a waiver, and an explanation of rights.
(c) The reverse sides of the sheets shall contain such information as the court administrator considers necessary.
(d) The uniform fish and wildlife information shall contain the following two paragraphs:
(1) Failure to comply with the instructions contained on this information will result in the suspension of your hunting, fishing, and trapping license or your privilege to take wild animals in this State.
(2) If you admit you have committed a violation of a provision of part 4 of this title relating to the conservation of fish and wildlife you will be liable for a fine and, in addition, your license to hunt, fish, or trap or privilege to hunt, fish, or trap is subject to suspension or revocation as provided by law.
(e) The information form may be used in all cases involving violations of this part whether the case is prosecuted on the information as issued by a game warden, law enforcement officer, or by any other person. (Added 1977, No. 229 (Adj. Sess.); amended 1981, No. 85, § 5, eff. May 7, 1981.)