The Vermont Statutes Online
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
NOTE: The online version of the Vermont Statutes does NOT yet include the actions of the 2023 legislative session. The 2023 updates should be available by the end of October.
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 2602)
§ 2602. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Agency” means the Agency of Natural Resources as created by 3 V.S.A. chapter 51.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation within the Agency of Natural Resources.
(3) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation.
(4) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Natural Resources.
(5) “Forest product” mean logs; pulpwood; veneer; bolt wood; wood chips; stud wood; poles; pilings; biomass; fuel wood; maple sap; or bark.
(6) “Forestry operation” means activities related to the management of forests, including a timber harvest; pruning; planting; reforestation; pest, disease, and invasive species control; wildlife habitat management; and fertilization. “Forestry operation” includes the primary processing of forest products of commercial value on a parcel where the timber harvest occurs.
(7) “Timber” means trees, saplings, seedlings, bushes, shrubs, and sprouts from which trees may grow, of every size, nature, kind, and description.
(8) “Timber harvest” means a forestry operation involving the harvest of timber. (Added 1977, No. 253 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1987, No. 76, § 18; 2015, No. 171 (Adj. Sess.), § 3.)