The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
§ 1453. Aquatic nuisance control program
(a) The Agency of Natural Resources shall establish and maintain an aquatic nuisance control program.
(b) The aquatic nuisance control program shall perform the following services:
(1) receive and respond to aquatic nuisance complaints;
(2) work with municipalities, local interest organizations, private individuals, and agencies of the state to develop long-range programs regarding aquatic nuisance controls;
(3) work with federal, state, and local governments to obtain funding for aquatic nuisance control programs;
(4) implement an aquatic species rapid response program under this chapter;
(5) administer a grant-in-aid program under section 1458 of this title;
(6) place a sign at least two feet by two feet in size that states that the water is infected with an aquatic nuisance and that a person transporting the nuisance in violation of section 1454 of this title may be subject to a penalty of up to $1,000.00 pursuant to 23 V.S.A. § 3317, so that the sign is easily visible from a ramp used to launch vessels at any fish and wildlife access area on a body of water infected with an aquatic nuisance;
(7) provide the Commissioner of Fish and Wildlife and the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles with written educational information about aquatic nuisances that can be included in an envelope containing a boat registration and in a Department of Fish and Wildlife publication pertaining to fishing and boating. (Added 2009, No. 46, § 1, eff. July 1, 2010.)