The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 005 : DETERGENTS AND HOUSEHOLD CLEANSING PRODUCTS(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 1381)
§ 1381. Definitions
As used in this subchapter:
(1) "Commercial establishment" means any premises used for the purpose of carrying on or exercising any trade, business, profession, vocation, or commercial or charitable activity, including laundries, hospitals, and food or restaurant establishments.
(2) "Household cleansing product" means any product, including soaps and detergents used for domestic or commercial cleaning purposes, including the cleansing of fabric, dishes, food utensils, and household and commercial premises. Household cleansing product shall not mean:
(A) Food, drugs and cosmetics, including personal care items such as toothpaste, shampoo, and hand soap;
(B) Products labeled, advertised, marketed, and distributed for use primarily as economic poisons as defined in 6 V.S.A. § 911(5).
(3) "Phosphorus" means elemental phosphorus.
(4) "Trace quantity" means an incidental amount of phosphorus that is not part of the household cleansing product formulation, is present only as a consequence of manufacturing and does not exceed 0.5 percent of the content of the product by weight, expressed as elemental phosphorus.
(5) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Natural Resources or the Secretary's duly authorized representative.
(6) "Person" means any individual; partnership; company; corporation; association; joint venture; trust; municipality; the State of Vermont or any agency, department, or subdivision of the State; any federal agency; or any other legal or commercial entity. (Added 1977, No. 39, § 1, eff. April 19, 1977; amended 1987, No. 76, § 18; 2003, No. 115 (Adj. Sess.), § 31.)