The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : WATER POLLUTION CONTROL(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 1284)
§ 1284. Water quality data coordination
(a) To facilitate attainment or accomplishment of the purposes of this chapter, the Secretary shall coordinate and assess all available data and science regarding the quality of the waters of the State, including:
(1) light detection and ranging information data (LIDAR);
(2) stream gauge data;
(3) stream mapping, including fluvial erosion hazard maps;
(4) water quality monitoring or sampling data;
(5) cumulative stressors on a watershed, such as the frequency an activity is conducted within a watershed or the number of stormwater or other permits issued in a watershed; and
(6) any other data available to the Secretary.
(b) After coordination of the data required under subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary shall:
(1) assess where additional data are needed and the best methods for collection of such data;
(2) identify and map on a watershed basis areas of the State that are significant contributors to water quality problems or are in critical need of water quality remediation or response.
(c) The Secretary shall post all data compiled under this section on the website of the Agency of Natural Resources. (Added 2015, No. 64, § 35.)