The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : Travel and Recreation Council(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 652)
§ 652. Travel and Recreation Council; membership
(a) The Travel and Recreation Council is created. It shall comprise the following members:
(1) the Secretary of Commerce and Community Development or designee;
(2) the Secretary of Natural Resources or designee;
(3) the Secretary of Transportation or designee;
(4) the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets or designee;
(5) the Commissioner of Tourism and Marketing or designee; and
(6) ten members from the private sector appointed by the Governor.
(b)(1) The ten members appointed by the Governor shall serve a term of three years, beginning July 1, or the unexpired portion thereof. For the initial appointments, the Governor shall appoint three for one year, four for two years, and three for three years.
(2) When appointing members, the Governor shall consider persons who have understanding of the travel and recreation industry and who will adequately represent the various interests in the State.
(c) The Council shall elect its chair annually from among its members.
(d) The Council shall meet at least quarterly at the call of the Chair or the agency secretary.
(e) Members of the Council shall be entitled to receive per diem compensation and reimbursement of expenses as permitted under 32 V.S.A. § 1010, which shall be paid by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development. (Added 1987, No. 83, § 2; amended 1995, No. 46 § 37; 1995, No. 190 (Adj. Sess.), § 1(a), (d); 2003, No. 42, § 2, eff. May 27, 2003; 2019, No. 61, § 6.)