The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 581. Building efficiency goals
It shall be goals of the State:
(1) To improve substantially the energy fitness of at least 20 percent of the State's housing stock by 2017 (more than 60,000 housing units), and 25 percent of the State's housing stock by 2020 (approximately 80,000 housing units).
(2) To reduce annual fuel needs and fuel bills by an average of 25 percent in the housing units served.
(3) To reduce total fossil fuel consumption across all buildings by an additional one-half percent each year, leading to a total reduction of six percent annually by 2017 and 10 percent annually by 2025.
(4) To save Vermont families and businesses a total of $1.5 billion on their fuel bills over the lifetimes of the improvements and measures installed between 2008 and 2017.
(5) To increase weatherization services to low-income Vermonters by expanding the number of units weatherized or the scope of services provided, or both, as revenue becomes available in the Home Weatherization Assistance Fund. (Added 2007, No. 92 (Adj. Sess.), § 6; amended 2013, No. 50, § E.324.3.)