The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 003 : INDUSTRIAL PARKS, SPECULATIVE BUILDINGS, AND SMALL BUSINESS INCUBATOR FACILITIES(Cite as: 10 V.S.A. § 232)
§ 232. Issuance of loans for speculative buildings and small business incubator facilities
Before issuing any loan under this subchapter for construction of a speculative building or small business incubator facilities and the purchase of land in connection therewith, the Authority, or the Authority's loan officer pursuant to the provisions of subdivision 216(15) of this title, shall determine and incorporate the following findings in its minutes. Such findings when adopted by the Authority shall be conclusive:
(1) The project is within the scope of this chapter, will be of public use and benefit, and may reasonably be expected to create new employment opportunities.
(2) The proposed site for the speculative building or small business incubator facilities will be located on adequate land owned or to be acquired by the local development corporation or leased by the local development corporation on terms satisfactory to the Authority.
(3) An adequate access road from a public highway is provided to the proposed site and that such utilities as water, sewer, and power facilities are available, or will be available when the speculative building or small business incubator facilities is completed.
(4) The project plans comply with all applicable environmental, zoning, planning and sanitary laws and regulations of the municipality where it is to be located and of the State of Vermont.
(5) The local development corporation is responsible and has presented evidence to demonstrate its ability to carry out the project as planned.
(6) Evidence has been presented demonstrating the feasibility of the site as a location for business, and additional evidence has been presented that an adequate supply of labor is available within the labor market area to serve a business located on the site or in the small business incubator facility.
(7) The local development corporation has made adequate provisions for insurance protection of the building while it is unoccupied and suitable arrangements have been made for fire protection and maintenance while it is unoccupied.
(8) The project will be without unreasonable risk of loss to the Authority.
(9) The local development corporation is unable to secure on reasonable terms the funds required for the project without the assistance of the Authority, or in the alternative, the making of the loan will serve as a substantial inducement for the establishment or expansion of a speculative building or small business incubator. (Added 1973, No. 197 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; amended 1985, No. 136 (Adj. Sess.), § 8, eff. April 24, 1986; 1991, No. 76, § 2; 1995, No. 46, § 7, eff. April 20, 1995.)