The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 9-613. Contents and form of notification before disposition of collateral: general
Except in a consumer-goods transaction, the following rules apply:
(1) The contents of a notification of disposition are sufficient if the notification:
(A) describes the debtor and the secured party;
(B) describes the collateral that is the subject of the intended disposition;
(C) states the method of intended disposition;
(D) states that the debtor is entitled to an accounting of the unpaid indebtedness and states the charge, if any, for an accounting; and
(E) states the time and place of a public disposition or the time after which any other disposition is to be made.
(2) Whether the contents of a notification that lacks any of the information specified in subdivision (1) of this section are nevertheless sufficient is a question of fact.
(3) The contents of a notification providing substantially the information specified in subdivision (1) of this section are sufficient, even if the notification includes:
(A) information not specified by that paragraph; or
(B) minor errors that are not seriously misleading.
(4) A particular phrasing of the notification is not required.
(5) The following form of notification and the form appearing in subdivision 9614(3) of this title, when completed, each provides sufficient information:
NOTIFICATION OF DISPOSITION OF COLLATERAL To: [ Name of debtor, obligor, or other person to which the notification is sent ] From: [ Name, address, and telephone number of secured party ] Name of Debtor(s): [ Include only if debtor(s) are not an addressee ] For a public disposition: We will sell the [ describe collateral ]to the highest qualified bidder in public as follows: Day and Date: _______________ Time: __________________ Place: __________________ For a private disposition: We will sell the [ describe collateral ]privately sometime after [ day and date ]. You are entitled to an accounting of the unpaid indebtedness secured by the property that we intend to sell. You may request an accounting by calling us at [ telephone number ].
(Added 1999, No. 106 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. July 1, 2001; amended 2001, No. 46, § 8.)