The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 2972. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Article" means an object that during production is given a special shape, surface, or design that determines its function to a greater degree than its chemical composition.
(2) "Brominated flame retardant" means any chemical containing the element bromine that is added to plastic, foam, or textile to inhibit flame formation.
(3) "Children's product" means a consumer product:
(A) marketed for use by children under 12 years of age; or
(B) the substantial use of which by a child under 12 years of age is reasonably foreseeable.
(4) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Health.
(5) "Congener" means a specific PBDE molecule.
(6) "DecaBDE" means decabromodiphenyl ether or any technical mixture in which decabromodiphenyl ether is a congener.
(7) "Flame retardant" means any chemical that is added to a plastic, foam, or textile to inhibit flame formation.
(8) "Manufacturer" means any person:
(A) who manufactures a final product containing a flame retardant regulated under this chapter; or
(B) whose brand name is affixed to a final product containing a flame retardant regulated under this chapter.
(9) "Motor vehicle" means every vehicle intended primarily for use and operation on the public highways and shall include farm tractors and other machinery used in the production, harvesting, and care of farm products.
(10) "OctaBDE" means octabromodiphenyl ether or any technical mixture in which octabromodiphenyl ether is a congener.
(11) "PBDE" means polybrominated diphenyl ether.
(12) "PentaBDE" means pentabromodiphenyl ether or any technical mixture in which pentabromodiphenyl ether is a congener.
(13) "Residential upholstered furniture" means furniture intended for personal use that includes cushioning material covered by fabric or similar material.
(14) "TCEP" means tris(2-chloroethyl) phosphate, chemical abstracts service number 115-96-8, as of July 1, 2013.
(15) "TCPP" means tris(2-chloro-1-methylethyl) phosphate, chemical abstracts service number 13674-84-5, as of July 1, 2013.
(16) "TDCPP" means tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate, chemical abstracts service number 13674-87-8, as of July 1, 2013.
(17) "Technical mixture" means a PBDE mixture that is sold to a manufacturer. A technical mixture is named for the predominant congener in the mixture but is not exclusively made up of that congener. (Added 2013, No. 85, § 1.)