The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 008 : Internet Dating Services(Cite as: 9 V.S.A. § 2482a)
§ 2482a. Definitions
In this chapter:
(1) "Account change" means a change to a member's password, username, e-mail address, or other contact information an Internet dating service uses to enable communications between members.
(2) "Banned member" means the member whose account or profile is the subject of a fraud ban.
(3) "Fraud ban" means barring a member's account or profile from an Internet dating service because, in the judgment of the service, the member poses a significant risk of attempting to obtain money from other members through fraudulent means.
(4) "Internet dating service" means a person, or a division of a person, that is primarily in the business of providing dating services principally on or through the Internet.
(5) "Member" means a person who submits to an Internet dating service information required to access the service and who obtains access to the service.
(6) "Vermont member" means a member who provides a Vermont residential or billing address or zip code when registering with the Internet dating service. (Added 2015, No. 128 (Adj. Sess.), § G.2, eff. May 24, 2016.)