The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 9 V.S.A. § 2466b)
§ 2466b. Disclosure of fee for automatic dialing service
(a) In this section:
(1) "Automatic dialing service" means a service of a home or business security, monitoring, alarm, or similar system, by which the system automatically initiates a call or connection to an emergency service provider, either directly or through a third person, upon the occurrence of an action specified within the system to initiate a call or connection.
(2) "Emergency functions" include services provided by the Department of Public Safety, firefighting services, police services, sheriff's department services, medical and health services, rescue, engineering, emergency warning services, communications, evacuation of persons, emergency welfare services, protection of critical infrastructure, emergency transportation, temporary restoration of public utility services, other functions related to civilian protection, and all other activities necessary or incidental to the preparation for and carrying out of these functions.
(3) "Emergency service provider" means a person that performs emergency functions.
(b) Before executing a contract for the sale or lease of a security, monitoring, alarm, or similar system that includes an automatic dialing service, the seller or lessor of the system shall disclose in writing:
(1) any fee or charge the seller or lessor charges to the buyer or lessee for the service; and
(2) that the buyer or lessor may be subject to additional fees or charges imposed by another person for use of the service.
(c) A person who fails to provide the disclosure required by subsection (b) of this section commits an unfair and deceptive act in commerce in violation of section 2453 of this title. (Added 2015, No. 55, § 4.)