The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : Organization and Commencing Business(Cite as: 8 V.S.A. § 13101)
§ 13101. Application to organize
(a) Application. Two or more persons all of whom shall reside in or reside proximate to the geographic area to be served by the institution, may agree in writing to associate themselves for the purpose of forming a mutual or cooperative financial institution pursuant to this chapter, and those persons shall be considered as the organizers of the applicant. The organizers shall file with the Commissioner an application for permission to organize a mutual or cooperative financial institution. The application shall contain the following:
(1) The name by which the financial institution will be known.
(2) The purpose for which it is to be formed, including whether a certificate of general good is sought to conduct business as a mutual financial institution or a cooperative financial institution.
(3) The city or town within this State where the financial institution's principal office is to be located.
(4) The proposed minimum amount of initial capital contributions to be deposited and a statement by each organizer setting forth his or her name, address, and occupation, together with the amount of initial capital that such organizer shall deposit, which statement shall be subscribed by the organizer.
(5) The names, addresses, and occupations of the organizers of the institution, together with a statement as to the character, reputation, and financial responsibility and competence of such persons.
(6) Documents which set forth the proposed institution's organizational structure and business plan, including:
(A) A copy of the organizational documents.
(B) The names of the organizers of the institution who are to serve until the initial meeting of the members or corporators or until their successors are elected and qualified, and the names, addresses, and occupations of the directors who will be voted on by the members or corporators at the initial meeting, together with a statement as to the character, reputation, and financial responsibility of each. A list of the names, addresses, and official positions of the persons who are to be responsible for the conduct of the affairs of the applicant, including all members of the governing body, any committees and the executive officers; a statement as to the character, reputation, financial responsibility, and competence and experience in banking and business of such persons, and such disclosure and conflict of interest statements as required.
(C) A financial plan which includes a three-year projection of the initial operating results anticipated and a description of the proposed method of marketing the plan, and a statement as to the sources of initial capital as well as any other sources of funding.
(7) The reasons that an institution of the type specified in subdivision (2) of this subsection is needed in the proposed location.
(8) Copies of any application filed with any other supervisory agency.
(9) Any additional information as the Commissioner may require.
(b) Publication of notice. After determining that the application required by this section is complete, the Commissioner shall advise the organization or the organizers of the entity to publish any notice that will be required by the Commissioner under subsection 11702(c) of this title. (Added 1999, No. 153 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. Jan. 1, 2001.)