The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 8016. Fees for administration of this chapter
(a) An application for a certificate of authority shall be accompanied by a fee of $1,500.00.
(b) The Department shall be reimbursed for any expenses it reasonably incurs itself or by its agents in pursuing the following statutory duties:
(1) review of rates charged by operators;
(2) review of contract forms;
(3) monitoring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements;
(4) general enforcement of statutory requirements; and
(5) preparation and publication of a consumers' guide. The Commissioner shall annually, before August 16, apportion the expenses incurred in performing the enumerated duties among providers based on their annual gross revenue for their most recent fiscal year.
(c) The Department shall be reimbursed by a provider for any expenses reasonably incurred by the Department or by its agents, in pursuing its financial and market conduct examinations, reviewing the sale or transfer of a facility to another operator, conducting specific enforcement actions, and carrying out investigations and rehabilitation activities under this chapter. (Added 1987, No. 247 (Adj. Sess.), § 1.)