The Vermont Statutes Online
The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.
NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.
Subchapter 003 : LICENSES(Cite as: 7 V.S.A. § 903)
§ 903. Priorities; business and technical assistance
(a) The Board shall issue licenses pursuant to this chapter as determined according to a system of priorities adopted by rule by the Board. The system of priorities shall require consideration of criteria, including:
(1) whether the applicants have an existing medical cannabis dispensary license in good standing;
(2) whether the applicants would foster social justice and equity in the cannabis industry by being a minority or women-owned business;
(3) whether the applicants propose specific plans to recruit, hire, and implement a development ladder for minorities, women, or individuals who have historically been disproportionately impacted by cannabis prohibition;
(4) whether applicants propose specific plans to pay employees a living wage and offer benefits;
(5) whether the project incorporates principles of environmental resiliency or sustainability, including energy efficiency; and
(6) the geographic distribution of cannabis establishments based on population and market needs.
(b) The Agency of Commerce and Community Development, in collaboration with the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, shall provide business and technical assistance to Vermont applicants with priority for services based on criteria adopted by the Board in accordance with subsection (a) of this section.
(c) On or before September 1, 2021, the Board shall begin working with the Department of Labor, Agency of Commerce and Community Development, the Department of Corrections, and the Director of Racial Equity to develop outreach, training, and employment programs focused on providing economic opportunities to individuals who historically have been disproportionately impacted by cannabis prohibition. (Added 2019, No. 164 (Adj. Sess.), § 7, eff. Oct. 7, 2020; amended 2021, No. 105 (Adj. Sess.), § 154, eff. July 1, 2022.)