The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 7 V.S.A. § 864)
§ 864. Advertising
(a) "Advertise" and "advertisement" have the same meaning as in section 861 of this title.
(b) A cannabis establishment advertisement shall not contain any statement or illustration that:
(1) is deceptive, false, or misleading;
(2) promotes overconsumption;
(3) represents that the use of cannabis has curative effects;
(4) offers a prize, award, or inducement for purchasing cannabis or a cannabis product, except that price discounts are allowed;
(5) offers free samples of cannabis or cannabis products;
(6) depicts a person under 21 years of age consuming cannabis or cannabis products; or
(7) is designed to be or has the effect of being particularly appealing to persons under 21 years of age.
(c) Cannabis establishments shall not advertise their products via any medium unless the licensee can show that not more than 15 percent of the audience is reasonably expected to be under 21 years of age.
(d) All advertisements shall contain health warnings adopted by rule by the Board in consultation with the Department of Health.
(e) All advertisements shall be submitted to the Board on a form or in a format prescribed by the Board, prior to the dissemination of the advertisement. The Board may:
(1) require a specific disclosure be made in the advertisement in a clear and conspicuous manner if the Board determines that the advertisement would be false or misleading without such a disclosure; or
(2) require changes that are necessary to protect the public health, safety, and welfare or consistent with dispensing information for the product under review. (Added 2021, No. 62, § 6, eff. June 7, 2021.)