The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 001 : GENERAL PROVISIONS(Cite as: 7 V.S.A. § 831)
§ 831. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the Cannabis Control Board.
(2)(A) “Cannabis” means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., except as provided by subdivision (B) of this subdivision (2), whether growing or harvested, and includes:
(i) the seeds of the plant;
(ii) the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and
(iii) any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or resin.
(B) “Cannabis” does not include:
(i) the mature stalks of the plant and fiber produced from the stalks;
(ii) oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant;
(iii) any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, fiber, oil, or cake;
(iv) the sterilized seed of the plant that is incapable of germination; or
(v) hemp or hemp products, as defined in 6 V.S.A. § 562.
(3) “Cannabis product” means concentrated cannabis and a product that is composed of cannabis and other ingredients and is intended for use or consumption, including an edible product, ointment, and tincture. Cannabis product shall include a vaporizer cartridge containing cannabis oil that is intended for use with a battery-powered device.
(4) “Chair” means the chair of the Cannabis Control Board.
(5) “Criminal history record” shall have the same meaning as in 20 V.S.A. § 2056a(a).
(6) “Public place” means any street, alley, park, sidewalk, public building other than individual dwellings, any place of public accommodation as defined in 9 V.S.A. § 4501, and any place where the use or possession of a lighted tobacco product, tobacco product, or tobacco substitute is prohibited by law pursuant to 18 V.S.A. chapter 37. (Added 2019, No. 164 (Adj. Sess.), § 2, eff. Oct. 7, 2020.)