Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to subnav
Searching 2023-2024 Session

The Vermont Statutes Online

The Vermont Statutes Online have been updated to include the actions of the 2023 session of the General Assembly.

NOTE: The Vermont Statutes Online is an unofficial copy of the Vermont Statutes Annotated that is provided as a convenience.

Title 7 : Alcoholic Beverages, Cannabis, and Tobacco

Chapter 009 : Licensing


(Cite as: 7 V.S.A. § 278)
  • § 278. Vinous beverage retail shipping license

    (a) A manufacturer or rectifier of vinous beverages that is licensed in the State or outside the State and holds valid state and federal permits and operates a winery in the United States may apply for a retail shipping license by filing with the Division of Liquor Control an application in a form required by the Commissioner accompanied by a copy of its in-state or out-of-state license and the fee provided in section 204 of this title.

    (b) The retail shipping license may be renewed annually by submitting to the Division the fee provided in section 204 of this title accompanied by the licensee’s current in-state or out-of-state manufacturer’s license.

    (c) A retail shipping license holder, including the holder’s affiliates, franchises, and subsidiaries, may sell up to 5,000 gallons of vinous beverages per year directly to first- or second-class licensees and deliver the beverages by common carrier, the manufacturer’s or rectifier’s own vehicle, or the vehicle of an employee of a manufacturer or rectifier, provided that the beverages are sold on invoice, and no more than 100 gallons per month are sold to any single first- or second-class licensee.

    (d) The retail shipping license holder shall provide to the Division documentation of the annual and monthly number of gallons sold.

    (e) Vinous beverages sold under this section may be delivered by the vehicle of a second-class license holder if the second-class licensee cannot obtain the vinous beverages from a wholesale dealer. (Added 2017, No. 83, § 63; amended 2018, No. 1 (Sp. Sess.), § 63.)