The Vermont Statutes Online
Subchapter 010 : Enforcement(Cite as: 6 V.S.A. § 4992)
§ 4992. Corrective actions; administrative enforcement
(a) When the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets receives a complaint and determines that a farmer is in violation of the requirements of this chapter, rules adopted under this chapter, or a permit or certification issued under this chapter, the Secretary shall notify the farmer of the complaint, including the alleged violation. The Secretary shall not be required to identify the source of the complaint.
(b) When the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets determines that a person is violating the requirements of this chapter, rules adopted under this chapter, or a permit or certification issued under this chapter, the Secretary may issue a written warning that shall be served in person or by certified mail, return receipt requested. A warning issued under this subsection shall include:
(1) a description of the alleged violation;
(2) identification of this section;
(3) identification of the applicable statute, rule, or permit condition violated;
(4) the required corrective actions that the person shall take to correct the violation; and
(5) a summary of federal and State assistance programs that may be utilized by the person to assist in correcting the violation.
(c) A person issued a warning under this section shall have 30 days to respond to the written warning and shall provide an abatement schedule for curing the violation and a description of the corrective action to be taken to cure the violation.
(d) If a person who receives a warning under this subsection fails to respond in a timely manner to the written warning or to take corrective action, the Secretary may act pursuant to section 4993 or section 4995 of this section in order to protect water quality. (Added 2015, No. 64, § 17.)