The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 2776. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Consumer" means a customer who purchases, barters for, receives delivery of, or otherwise acquires unpasteurized milk according to the requirements of this chapter.
(2) "Milk" has the same meaning as set forth in section 2672 of this title.
(3) "Personal consumption" means the use by a consumer of unpasteurized milk for food or to create a food product made with or from unpasteurized milk that is intended to be ingested by the consumer, members of his or her household, or any nonpaying guests.
(4) "Unpasteurized milk" or "unpasteurized (raw) milk" means milk that is unprocessed.
(5) "Unprocessed" means milk that has not been modified from the natural state it was in as it left the animal, other than filtering, packaging, and cooling.
(6) "Community-supported agriculture organization" or "CSA organization" means a farm or group of farms each subject to regulation under the Required Agricultural Practices that as part of the business of the farm stand or CSA organization grow, raise, or produce agricultural products for consumer shareholders or subscribers who pledge or contract to buy a portion of the agricultural products of the farm or group of farms.
(7) "Farm stand" means a site on a farm subject to the Required Agricultural Practices where agricultural products principally produced on the farm are sold to the public. (Added 2009, No. 62, § 2; amended 2011, No. 39, § 3, eff. May 19, 2011; 2013, No. 149 (Adj. Sess.), § 1; 2017, No. 75, § 13, eff. June 12, 2017; 2021, No. 22, § 1.)