The Vermont Statutes Online
§ 566. Rulemaking authority
(a) The Secretary may adopt rules to provide for the implementation of this chapter and the Program authorized under this chapter, which may include rules to:
(1) require hemp to be tested during growth for tetrahydrocannabinol levels;
(2) authorize or specify the method or methods of testing hemp, including, where appropriate, the ratio of cannabidiol to tetrahydrocannabinol levels or a taxonomic determination using genetic testing;
(3) require inspection and supervision of hemp during sowing, growing season, harvest, storage, and processing;
(4) require labels or label information for hemp products in order to provide consumers with product content or source information or to conform with federal requirements;
(5) establish certification requirements for hemp seed sold or distributed in the State; and
(6) require disclosure or labeling of the amount of cannabinoid known to be present in hemp seed sold or distributed in the State.
(b) The Secretary shall adopt rules establishing how the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets will conduct research within the Program for industrial hemp.
(c) The Secretary shall adopt rules establishing requirements for the registration of processors of hemp and hemp-infused products. (Added 2007, No. 212 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 2013, No. 84, § 1; 2017, No. 143 (Adj. Sess.), § 5; 2019, No. 44, § 1, eff. May 30, 2019; 2019, No. 129 (Adj. Sess.), § 27.)