The Vermont Statutes Online
Title 6 : Agriculture
Chapter 034 : HEMP(Cite as: 6 V.S.A. § 562)
§ 562. Definitions
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Agency” means the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets.
(2)(A) “Grow” means:
(i) planting, cultivating, harvesting, or drying of hemp; and
(ii) selling, storing, and transporting hemp grown by a grower.
(B) “Grow” may be used interchangeably with the word “produce.”
(3) “Grower” means a person who is registered with the Agency to produce hemp crops.
(4) “Hemp products” or “hemp-infused products” means all products with the federally defined tetrahydrocannabinol concentration level for hemp derived from, or made by, processing hemp plants or plant parts, that are prepared in a form available for commercial sale, including cosmetics, personal care products, food intended for animal or human consumption, cloth, cordage, fiber, fuel, paint, paper, construction materials, plastics, and any product containing one or more hemp-derived cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol.
(5) “Hemp” means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of the plant, including the seeds and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids, acids, salts, isomers, and salts of isomers, whether growing or not, with the federally defined tetrahydrocannabinol concentration level of hemp. “Hemp” shall be considered an agricultural commodity.
(6) “Process” means the storing, drying, trimming, handling, compounding, or converting of a hemp crop by a processor for a single grower or multiple growers into hemp products or hemp-infused products. “Process” includes transporting, aggregating, packaging hemp from a single grower or multiple growers, or manufacturing hemp products or hemp-infused products from hemp concentrate.
(7) “Processor” means a person who is registered with the Agency to process hemp crops. A retail establishment selling hemp products or hemp-infused products is not a processor.
(8) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets. (Added 2007, No. 212 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 2013, No. 84, § 1; 2017, No. 143 (Adj. Sess.), § 5; 2019, No. 44, § 1, eff. May 30, 2019; 2021, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 8, eff. July 1, 2022.)